Dr. Mohamed CHIBAN is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of chemistry at the Faculty of Sciences of Agadir - Morocco. He received his Ph.D. in Physical Chemistry from Ibn Zohr University (2007) in collaboration with The European Membranes Institute of Montpellier in France, and conducted postdoctoral research at Technical University of ‘Gheorghe Asachi’ of Iasi in Romania. Dr. Chiban is a recipient of an International Development Cooperation award of Belgium in 2008, and the Francophone University Agency Fellowship in 2009. In May 2011, he joined the Faculty of Sciences in the Department of Chemistry at the Ibn Zohr University as an assistant professor of Physical Chemistry, and in May 2016 he holds his HDR (Habilitation à diriger des recherches). Since 2018, he is the deputy Director of Applied Chemistry and Environment Laboratory at Ibn Zohr University. He also playedan active role in the Moroccan Association of Applied Sciences and Environment.
His research interests include water and waste wáter treatment and develop novel environmental processes. His research focuses on sustainable technology development for recycling and reusing domestic and industrial waste waters, adsorption and membranes eparation processes in environmental applications, synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials, materials solid chemistry and environmental science, thermodynamics of adsorption processes at liquid/solid interfaces,...His research findings are reported in over 50 peer-reviewed articles. He is supervising/co-supervising several graduate (MS and PhD) students. He also served on the editorial board of several International Journals, program committee chairs, and sesión chairs in many Conferences.
• June 2016: Habilitation degree in Physical Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Ibn Zohr University, Morocco.
• July 2007: Ph.D. degree in Physical Chemistry, Ibn Zohr University, Agadir / Morocco.
• June 2002: High Advanced Studies (BAC+6) degree in Applied Physical Chemistry of Materials, Faculty of Sciences, Ibn Zohr University, Morocco.
Environmental chemistry, Chemistry of solid materials, Sorption processes, chemical kinetics of heavy metals and other micro- pollutants, sorption modeling, thermodynamics of fluid/solid, physical and chemical analysis of water, plants and soils, wastewater treatment, membrane filtration.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• International Fellowship of Francophone University Agency (AUF), Romania (Feb.-Oct. 2009).
• International Development Cooperation award, Ed. 2007, Tervuren, Brussels/Belgium (Oct. 2008).
• Best Ph.D. thesis award of Ibn Zohr University, 1st Ed. 2007, Agadir / Morocco (Jul. 2007).
• Young Researcher award, Faculty of Sciences, 1st Ed. 2007, Agadir / Morocco (Jul. 2006).
• Scholarship research of « Franco-Marocan MA/05/128 program, Montpellier (2005-2006).
• Reviewer for conferences: WRAA2020 - Oman, JIME2019-Morocco, WRAA2016-Oman, COMAGEP2013-Algeria.
• Reviewer for several scientific journals, such as Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy (2), Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry (2), Process Safety and Environmental Protection, Mine Water and the Environment, Arabian Journal of chemistry (4), Clean - Soil, Air, Water (2), Bioresource Technology, Chemical Engineering Journal (2), Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (4).
• External Member in 6 recruitment commissions that selected, interviewed, and hired to new Assistant professors in Faculty of Applied Sciences, Ait Melloul- Morocco.
• Reviewer for Habilitation thesis (M. Belmouden defended in 2019).
• Reviewer for five PhD thesis (S. Bentahar defended in 2018, W. EL-ALAMI defended in 2018, M. Abali defended in 2019, A. Machrouhi defended in 2019, A. Ait-Ichou defended in 2019).
• Examiner member in 14 jurys for defended Masters Thesis.
• Member of commission selection for PhD candidates (2014, 2015, 2016, 2019).
• Member of commission selection for Master candidates (GTE2014, GTE2015, SEMU_2ER2018, SEMU_2ER2019).